Mark Carter wrote:
> Cehteh, you asked me to do: git push
> git://git.pipapo.org/cinelerra3/mob master:heads/refs/mcarter But it
> didn't work :(

Uhm, master:refs/heads/mcarter   .. sorry, my fault
if that doesnt work, dont hesitate to aske me.

> I can push from my clone of the mob repo back to your copy of the mob
> repo, but I cannot push my clone of your ct branch to your copy of
> the mob repo. This makes sense, because they're two different repos.
no should work and that is the intended way things should be done
you might add

 git remote add mob git://git.pipapo.org/cinelerra3/mob

to the clone you did from my branch then you have a shorter nickname for
the mob branch

 git push mob master:refs/heads/mcarter

is more friendly then .. finally after you 'created' the mcarter branch
with that   "git push mob master:mcarter"  should work .. you can even
register this push locations in the .git/config, (see manpage) to make
that the default when pushing

> My solution was to add the README file from the ct repo to my mob
> branch, modify it, and push the changes to your mob branch.
that also works

        Christian