To follow up my previous thread below:

Finally, I'm started converting my 15 years old Hi8 S-video footage to DV, among other a relation-familiy meeting. Part of this video contains speeches where a separate, wireless mic/amplifier/loadspeaker system" was used. That is "out of my control" and I had to record this happening adhoc on some distance, just with the camcorder's built-in mic and using video/audio zoom.

Yes, this typically results in the well known and already mentioned
"zoom or direction stereo mic" decreasing bass and increasing treble"

The recorded speakers voice sounds artificial "thin" and "sharp". During playback on a TV, the voice sounds some more natural (better) by increasing the bas and decreasing the treble using these TV audio controls. Maybe the voice still contains some weak bas part, but that it is lowered or cut off compared with the treble part.

I'm a beginner on both audio and video NLE, and not quite ready to start exploring Cinelerra's or other free audio tools yet. But I wonder: Will it be difficult or relative easy to move the complete voice to a lower frequency band, or alternatively, just increase the lower frequency band of the voice?

Terje J. Hanssen