Hopefully someone out there can help me with this.

I'll start with the pertinent stuff.
Asus M3A MoBo
AMD Phenom 2.2
4Gb RAM
Nvidia 8400GS 512 PCI-E x16
1TB fake RAID 0 (driver dependant RAID controller)
UBUNTU Gutsy x86_64
cinelerra 2.1CV from http://project.akirad.net/node/18
Footage from Sanyo Xacti VPC HD-1000 (MPEG4-AVC.H264 / AAC 2.0 audio)

As far as I know I have installed every available library and codec and these
files play fine on other players and can be edited with Kdenlive.
But when I try to open one in cinelerra it simply and quickly crashes, before I
can read the dialog that pops up.

I have tried this on several installations and a few distros all to the same
end.

I'm starting to get a bit discouraged by the whole thing, the main reason I
built this box was to get a little deeper into the world of video editing and
composition. And since I'm no longer a big fan of MS or stealing licensed
software I really do hope to get cinelerra working, cuz otherwise I'll have no
choice, but to resort to the former.

I've attached a small clip, but I'm not sure if you'll get it, and I'll paste
the gdb results below. I'm very new lo linux and cinelerra and this is
obviously beyond me to figure out on my own.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help me along.

Jason D. Fellingham

The code:

[h264 @ 0x2aab744f9bb0]AVC: Consumed only 34860 bytes instead of 34869
[New Thread 1208039760 (LWP 6756)]
[New Thread 1224825168 (LWP 6757)]
[h264 @ 0x2aab744f9bb0]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0x2aab744f9bb0]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0x2aab744f9bb0]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0x2aab744f9bb0]AVC: Consumed only 34860 bytes instead of 34869
[New Thread 1375893840 (LWP 6758)]
[h264 @ 0x2aab744f9bb0]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0x2aab744f9bb0]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0x2aab744f9bb0]Unknown NAL code: 0
[New Thread 1216432464 (LWP 6759)]
[New Thread 1384286544 (LWP 6760)]
[New Thread 1392679248 (LWP 6761)]
[New Thread 1401071952 (LWP 6762)]

[Switching to Thread 1157683536 (LWP 6725)]
0x00002aab7963b3b1 in ic_prediction () from /usr/lib/libfaad.so.0
(gdb)