> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:19:32 +0100, marquitux caballero
> > why don´t you LISTEN? maybe having 2k or 4k is for not many users, but
> > FLV and 3GP EXISTS, so if you plan to make a PROFESSIONAL tool, why not
> > to listen what the people say?

Am Dienstag, den 12.02.2008, 15:58 +0100 schrieb Herman Robak:
Mentioning 2k and 4k here is a straw man argument, since hardly anyone
> on the list has ever mentioned it.  A youtube output/upload option was
> actually on the "needs doing" list....

  And now, Marquitux, I ask _you_ to listen:

!

while I agree fully with Herman, I want to add the following:

Marquitux, you are shouting all the time "why don't you LISTEN"...?
Marquitux, we talked on irc, you expressed your experiences in great
detail in several mails, we found out that we share similar frustrating
experiences with the current cinelerra. We stated several times that
this was one of the motivations to start the "Cin-3" (or-what-else-
it-will-be-named) effort. You did GUI mockups, we saved them as a
reference for later when we are able to make use of them.

What else do you want? that someone says "Pofff" and a shiny new
magical application emerges out of the blue??
>From reading this ML you can see, that we are coding (yes, we are
actually coding), that we have developer meetings, that we conduct
a GUI debate and discuss features clearly geared towards a professional
workflow -- but you can see as well that we didn't reach the point where
we could make a GUI draft, so basically, if you are demanding that this
or that feature needs to be "built in", your perception is correct:
no one is LISTENING, because such arguments are beyond our focus:

There is the current Cinelerra. Several of us have tried quite some
time to build in some desperately needed features. It is doable, but
requires unproportional efforts. We did an analysis and drew our
conclusions. We'll care *first* for building a *engine* which will
put us in the situation to implement all those esperately needed
features (which we are well aware off) with reasonable efforts.

And to make it absolutely clear: Marquitux, we value your contributions
and we will need your judgement and your feedback very much at some time
in the future!

Cheers
Hermann Vosseler
(aka "Ichthyo")