Am Dienstag, den 26.02.2008, 17:17 -0800 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> I'd like to offer to do some focus testing of the proposed names,
> once they are narrowed down to the to 6-10 or so.

Hello Jay,

thanks for your offer. I think it's not the right moment
for wasting any efforts on such things now.

> The new Cin3 can do for NLEs what Firefox did for browsers.

Please excuse me for putting this so direct, but this statement
is not correct. The new App /could indeed/ do interesting things
in the far future, /if/ we manage to do our work right and keep
the focus of the project. Right now, there /is/ no "new Cin3".

Regarding the focus: We should not be concerned about people's
opinions or try to impress some Apple company, rather our main
concern should be to build an application that really works and
works correct and reliable, is up to the state-of-art, maybe does
some things better compared with "the average video editing app".
And, very important, we should care for good usability in the
core application area, which is editing film (feature, video,
documentary, independent, news items, artwork projects, ...).

We wanted the community to be involved in finding a name. This
community is right here. We got lots of interesting name proposals,
now we are about to narrow down the selection and remove any names
we devs utterly dislike. We'll finish the name game with a poll.

There is no need to be objective or use scientific methods for
picking the name, because it simply reflects what we (both the
community and the devs) prefer right now at the moment.

        Hermann V.