On Thursday 17 April 2008 13:44, Burkhard Plaum wrote:

> Also note that xvid is an "end user" format, not really suitable as
> intermediate format for editing. Especially not for Computer generated
> images.

I know, but I had little choice left...

> I doubt cinenerra supports H.264 in AVI. IIRC H.264 in Quicktime is
> supported. Can mencoder make Quicktime movies?

Avi or QuickTime is merely the container, right? Why would that make a
difference?

But I believe mencoder can encode to quicktime. But I would need to
investigate.

Anyway, I just tried loading in the trailer for Big Buck Bunny, which is
encoded in AVC. That is, the fourcc is avc1, and the selected video codec by
mplayer is FFmpeg H.264. Cinelerra can load that. But when I try to load an
avi h264 with avc1 fourcc, Cinelerra crashes.