Hi,

today I've tried to compile the latest r1056 on debian unstable with
external ffmpeg, libavcodeccvs51 version 3:20080414.
There have been two main issues, that needed some fixing.

a) header location:
Latest ffmpeg/avcodec headers are now installed in /usr/include/ffmpeg,
/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec, and libswscaler, respectively.
Is anyone on this list familiar with latest ffmpeg ? Is it suggested to
expand/adapt
the include path, or should we only include /usr/include/ffmpeg and
change code to
"#include <libavcodec/avcodec.h>", etc. ?

b) conflicting header include order:
In the updated ffmpeg.h, the include section of swscaler/ffmpeg, which
is wrapped
inside a extern "C" statement, is place before "#include "guicast.h".
This gave me a
bunch of  "template with C linkage" error, which is sometimes called
'dangling extern "C"'
(http://www.gidforums.com/t-9853.html).
To fix this one it was just a matter of reordering the includes:

    #include "guicast.h"
    #ifdef HAVE_SWSCALER
    extern "C" {
    #include  "ffmpeg.h"
    #include <libswscale/swscale.h>
    }
    #endif

Is it required to fix SVN code, or is cinerella not intended to work
with latest ffmpeg ?

Toby