2008/4/28 Robert Mosher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> When using Cinelerra to edit a video, the audio is garbled. I can hear
> peoples voices but it's like everything is too loud, so the background noise
> is just as loud as everything else. However when I play the unedited video
> in Totem in sounds perfectly fine. Unfortunately, when I save the video
> through Cinelerra it then sounds garbled in Totem as well. I've had other
> movie players play the audio with the same distortion on a different Linux
> box so I thought it might be fine when rendered, but apparently not. Is
> there anyway I can get my audio to sound as good as it does in Totem?
>
> Some extra details:
> I'm running Ubuntu Linux - Gutsy Gibbon. The Cinelerra-CV version (according
> to dpkg) is 2.1.0-1svn20080415.
>
>  The video was recorded on a PowerShot A570. And the files have the
> extension AVI, while the Codec is Motion JPEG. According to the video
> properties in Totem the audio Codec is Uncompressed 8-Bit PCM audio, mono,
> and 11024 HZ sample rate. Rendering the video without any edits as an Ogg
> file (with bad audio) the sound properties are Stereo, 48000Hz, and 128kpbs.
>
> Any solutions?

I've had a similar problem before, when I didn't know how sound works
in cinelerra.

Look at the level of the audio faders on the controls at the left of
the audio tracks, called the patchbay. But before, check the range
that limits that fader, it is the curve zoom setting in the zoom panel
at the bottom of the program window.

My problem was that I accidentally touched the curve zoom, and that
was limiting the audio faders.

Hope this helps.