Hi,

2008/6/8 Christian Thaeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I also think that video processing tasks should be run in a separate
>>> process from the gui so that they can't cause it to crash if they crash
>>> themselves.
>>>
>> No, No, No!
>> That would be completely misguided, IMHO. We should never bend the
>> architecture in order to "isolate" against possible crashes. The
>> application must not crash, period. We should never tolerate
>> "possible" crashes. That's the "broken window" theory, you know.

Ha! ;-)  Fair enough.  I suppose that all my most annoying crashes in
Cinelerra have been in the GUI anyhow (according to Valgrind).

I look at the crash output of the program and every time I decide that I
simply don't have the energy to learn enough about Cinelerras internals to
find the root cause of the problem because it's so potentially complex,
being multi-threaded and having it's own GUI toolkit.

Anyhow when a standard toolkit is used I expect that half the problems will
just never happen.

Cheers,

Tim