Hi there, Marcus!

I've dealed with the same issue today, and i've decided to compile
cinelerra myself. I never compile stuff, so I kind of suck at it, but
I got cinelerra up and running. Believe me: if I did it, you can do it
:)

So, how do you compile cinelerra?

Please read this part of the manual (I kind of skipped that part,
which gave me alot of headaches!!!) and try it yourself:

http://cinelerra.org/docs/split_manual_en/cinelerra_cv_manual_en_2.html#SEC12

I blocked with some error messages mainly because of this two points:

«You probably want to enable MMX support. To do that, run ./configure
with the `--enable-mmx32' option. If you do that, you may have to use
the `--without-pic' option too, otherwise, compilation may fail.»

AND

«Finally run as root (for first time compilation only):
ldconfig»

Don't skip those two steps, please :)

About dependencies: what I did (and I must enfathize that I'm not that
good at this compiling stuff, so there must be a better way!!!) was:

After "./configure" a lot of "missing" flags showed up. I went to Yast
and I searched for those missing files. Sometimes you will not find
exactly the same file, so search for the most similiar ones and
install the ones that have a "-devel" thing. Repeat "./configure"
until no "missing" flags pop up. That was clumbsy, I know, but it
worked :)

Try it and tell us how it went.
Good luck,
Leandro