2008/11/21 john detwiler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Is there any experience with "real time" output from Cinelerra via
> raw1394?
>
> I'd like to use my camcorder as an interface device, to view Cinelerra's
> "compositor" output on an NTSC television display.  That is, instead of
> rendering from Cinelerra to foo.dv, and then exporting foo.dv thru, say,
> Kino to my camcorder, I would like to use the camcorder/television chain
> as a second 'head' for my workstation.
>
> What does work, in my hands:
> 1. I use the ATrtms hack for raw1394.
Here I stop.
Are you really sure you still need this hack?
Because most of the time, this hack can be solved by using the
appropriate perms on /dev/fw

I don't say, cinelerra-cv (of other software) will work with it. But
they should since dvgrab will work nicely since Fedora 8 at least.

Nicolas (kwizart)