Same question: What render combination are you tried?

I use carefully the same as input because if not I will lose
synchronization and quality.

I use MJPEG for video at least 50% quality in avi container. And WAV PCM
16 bit 44100Hz stereo for sound.

I just export the video and audio separately because I give best results,
specially in A/V synchronization.

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:26:37 -0600, "Mr Scsi"  wrote: Hello,

I am hoping someone can point me to what I am doing wrong.

I have a sony sr12 that shoots in avchd .mts files. I understand that
cinelerra can't work with those natively, so I followed some instructions I
found to convert them:

http://www.fsckin.com/2008/01/03/transcoding-mtsm2ts-avchd-video-files-with-free-software
[1]

In my setup, I have played with the final ffmpeg step and settled on:
 ffmpeg -r 29.97 -s 1920x1080 -deinterlace -i $videofifo -i audio.ac3
-vcodec mpeg2video -sameq -acodec copy -aspect 16:9 outputfile.mpg

The resulting mpeg file has
fantastic quality and cinelerra will import it
to edit without complaint.

My problems begin when I render the output. I end up with pixelation,
artifacts and generally youtube quality output. Not what I put into
cinelerra.

I have tried multiple render combinations and the all seem to loose
significant quality.
 My question has a few parts.

A) I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, can you point out what it is?
B) Is there another way to import the avchd into cinelerra?
C) Am I just S.O.L. with avchd for now and have to keep a windows machine
around to edit it? (please say no).

If anyone needs, I have small sample files from all stages of this
operation I can supply.

thanks in advance for any help.

Andy.

Links: