First post, so I must take a moment to say "Thanks!!!!" for cinelerra -
what a wonderful tool!

I just switched from Fedora to Ubuntu, and made some mistakes before
learning the package management tools; the result is that i"m sure I've
messed up my cinelerra when trying to "upgrade" from "cinelerra" to
"cinelerra-xt". The "xt" version said 20% performance improvement; it
runs OK, and is clearly still based on the CV version...

However, I am getting the common, "virtual int
FileMOV::read_frame(VFrame*):
quicktime_read_frame/quicktime_decode_video failed, result:"

error when I start/stop .MOV files, which I think means I'm missing some
"libquicktime *" libraries.

My question is, what "libquicktime*" files should I have??? Choices
include:

      * libquicktime-utils
      * libquicktimecv
      * libquicktimecv-gl
      * libquicktimesv
      * libquicktimesv-smp
      * libquicktimesv-gl

etc... What is the difference between "cv/sv" and "-smp/-gl" versions?

I'm running Ubuntu 9.1 (Karmic)

Any help much appreciated!!!

Thanks

MikeM