I've checked out the manual and keyboard shortcuts, and haven't found an answer to this one yet...

I would like to edit in Cinelerra like I direct - watch the multiple camera tracks, and at the appropriate moment, push a button and switch which camera is "output".
If this ability exists, please let me know how to do it.

If not, I would like to implement it in the code. Any suggestions? I see that the number keys and keypad keys are already in the shortcut lists.

Here is how I would like it to work. Let's say we have 5 video tracks. My top track would be for lower thirds, and should not be affected. The next 4 video tracks are my cameras I want to switch between. Let's say I'm only using tracks 2,3, and 5 (1 was lower thirds, I don't know why, but for argument, let's say I'm not using the input on 4.) This means tracks 2, 3 and 5 are active, 1 and 4 are not, and 4's output level is off.

I would like to have 1 button to enable track 2 - when pushed it brings track 2's level up to full. (I know the top track gets priority over those below it.)

Another button for track 3 - when pushed track 3's level is full, but track 2 is set to zero.

Another button for track 5 - when pushed track 5's level is full, but track 2 and 3's levels go to zero.

This way I could edit with cinelerra the way you direct in the studio.

Thanks!
Keith