On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 22:07 -0500, Daniel Jircik wrote:
> 1. HDV capture
> Does Blackmagic Intensity Pro / Shuttle/Media Express fit in here?
> http://blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/
> http://blackmagic-design.com/support/software/
>
> The blackmagic card is not  HDV it's for uncompressed full 2k capture.
> I have had no luck getting bm output into cinelerra. I belive the
> problem has to do with planar vs. non planar and colorspace. it's not
> YUV 4:2:2. Not sure. If anyone wants to try I'll post some footage.

Daniel,
I have a Canon 5D Mark II.  The default H264 format output from the cam
did not import cleanly into Cinelerra.  So I spent a few weeks figuring
out what the best format was to use in order to get the video into
Cinelerra.  I settled on a 1080P version of MPEG2-TS.

If you post a short, 5-10sec clip, I'll see if I can convert it.
scott

http://crazedmuleproductions.blogspot.com