I have to keep everything I do on a budget so I opt to use more two year old
processors than fewer newer ones.  I always like to use AMD processors and
there top of the line seem quite impressive but i am still stuck on a few
OSX applications so run  mostly INTEL.  I am slowly migrating my q6600's to
do render work and trying to upgrade my workstations to the qx9650.  From
what I have read there is little performance diff between these and the I7
with most of the difference being in power usage. What are you using to
color correct and stabilize your tiffs?