Further info on my Audio Sync issues

I have upgraded to Phenom II x6 1090T - NOT overclocked.
Ubuntu 10.04. 4Gb mem 1333MHz Gigabyte Ga-MA785GT-UD3H MoBo.
BIOS upgarde to F8.

Cinelerra does not hold sync.
System Monitor shows all 6 cores working merrily and none getting near 100%
Temperatures in the 30s Celcius. GPU at 40.

Moved test file (.MOV 1920 x 1080. 25fps) from storage drive to a directory in cinelerra-cv in case access speed not fast enough. See if things would improve. They didn't. Had been playinging .MOV files to timeline from a NTFS HDD so tried a copy .MOV from the EXT3 HDD (Ubuntu native storage HDD from Jaunty - Lynx is now an EXT4 system)
No good. Still out of sync.
The only offering I have is that the extent to which picture and sound are out of sync is well LESS than when I was using an Athlon II x4 620 CPU on the same setup.

I am stumped and still wide eyed at the fact that PiTiVi in Ubuntu 10.04 plays rock-on in sync. All the way.
I gather PiTiVi is based on GStreamer.

Sadly the sync error makes it impossible to edit.

Daf