Mark Goldberg schrieb:
> It would certainly cause judder since the fps of what you are playing does
> not match the refresh rate, and some frames are either dropped or repeated.
> If the algorithm to do that is not correct, it may result in audio sync
> issues. I don't know that this is an issue, but it was a suggestion of
> something else to try.

oh well... that /could/ be, but indeed looks a little bit far fetched.
The monitor refresh rate is a concern for the X server, which runs in
a different process than Cinelerra does. Moreover, isn't the relation
of audio-samples per second to the frames per second a fixed matter
which just needs to be set up correctly?
But anyway, as we all know, Cinelerra code has lots of dark corners
when it comes to thread synchronisation.

Of course, when the monitor refresh rate isn't easily devidable to
the video frame rate, a jerky slightly stuttering appearance of
movements is the likely result.

Cheers,
Hermann