De: "julien cynober" <julien.cyno...@free.fr>
À: cinelerra@skolelinux.no
Envoyé: Vendredi 16 Juillet 2010 19h06:18 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne
/ Rome / Stockholm / Vienne
Objet: Re: [CinCV] Updates: ongoing functionality work, personal git repo

First of all, a big thank you for your interest and efforts in improving
cinelerra !

I could build your patched version of cinelerra after applying two other
patches from my distribution (Archlinux), which is using gcc-4.5 and libpng-1.4
:
http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/community/cinelerra-cv/trunk/cinelerra-gcc45.patch
http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/community/cinelerra-cv/trunk/libpng14.patch

The build was successful with included ffmpeg but also with a recent external
ffmpeg version (SVN-r23619).

The program built with included ffmpeg complained about missing shared
libraries. I got it running after :
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libavcodec.so.52 libavcodec-cinelerra.so.52
# ln -s libswscale.so.0 libswscale-cinelerra.so.0
# ln -s libavutil.so.50 libavutil-cinelerra.so.50
# ln -s libavformat.so.52 libavformat-cinelerra.so.52
(But I don't know if it's a good idea.)

I tried both versions (included ffmpeg / external ffmpeg) with mpeg2 and AVCHD
footage from my camcorder. With mpeg2 no problem, and I had also partial
success loading and editing directly AVCHD files (the "original" cinelerra-cv
crashed when I tried to load them, so your patched version is much better) :
- cinelerra can now open and edit AVCHD files,
- but some frames at the beginning and at the end of these clips are not
displayed correctly in the viewer/compositor, and also not rendered correctly.
It seems that cinelerra with included ffmpeg processes AVCHD slightly better
than with external ffmpeg. In both cases the terminal is full of messages like :
[swscaler @ 0x7f3657abd590]No accelerated colorspace conversion found from
yuv420p to rgb24.
[h264 @ 0x7f3625ce6c40]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt
input), discarding one
[h264 @ 0x7f3625ce6c40]Cannot parallelize deblocking type 1, decoding such
frames in sequential order
With external ffmpeg, the first and last frames of a clip are black or look
like video noise when they're rendered.
With internal ffmpeg, same problem but more frames are displayed/rendered
properly.

I know AVCHD is not a good format for editing, so problems with it are not
really relevant. I just report them as testing results.

Regards,

Julien