On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:51 AM, matm...@t-online.de
<matm...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Cinelerra Bug Report: HD-Videos extremely slow.
>
> I'm using Cinelerra-CV 2.1.0-2svn20081020.1 on Debian Lenny. I need it to cut
> some HD-Video clips to short movies which are 5 till 9 minutes long. The
> source video is rawvideo, yuv420p, 1920x1080 (yuv4mpeg) inside a quicktime
> container. And a snippet about of 2 minutes of video material like this needs
> to load 4 or 5 minutes till i can see the result in Cinelerra. And then, if i
> need to insert another snippet of 40 seconds and if i see i made a mistake
> and needs to undo this paste, it takes 10 till 15 minutes of time. And
> minutes. Only loading a Project? This is very buggy and Cinelerra is not
> really usable with this circumstance.
>
> I have a fast CPU (4 x 3.0 Ghz) and fast SATA harddisks. Either there is a
> big bug in Cinelerra, or a very bad concept of loading the data. Cinelerra
> seems to read the entire video files several times instead of only open the
> project. I never have seen a video software like this. Hope this will be
> fixed in near future.

There was an indexing bug in the YUV4MPEG loader that I fixed recently
in my repo; you can build directly from my sources or grab the
relevant patch.

http://git.xiph.org/?p=users/xiphmont/cinelerraCV.git;a=summary

I work almost entirely in raw HD yuv4mpeg, several hundred GB worth at
a time.  With the patch, Cinelerra is very snappy.

Monty