> Hi August! :-)
>
> >     I thought I might also add that I need to install these libs first
> >     before building:
>       (...)
>

> Are you saying that you tried to compile Cinelerra-cv on Ubuntu
> 10.10 following the instructions on Cinelerra for Grandma
> and you got some libraries missing?

well, that is what I was trying to say,....but on second glance, I see
you have them listed:

sudo apt-get install xorg-dev libasound2-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev
libtheora-dev libopenexr-dev libdv4-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg62-dev
libx264-dev uuid-dev mjpegtools libmjpegtools-dev libfftw3-dev
liba52-0.7.4-dev libmp3lame0 libmp3lame-dev libsndfile1-dev libfaac-dev
libfaad-dev libesd0-dev libavc1394-dev libraw1394-dev libiec61883-dev
libtiff4-dev libxxf86vm-dev libglu1-mesa-dev

sorry for the mixup!

The grandma instructions are really fantastic.   My grandma appreciates
it!

-august.