hello

i am using around 5 years cinelerra.
thanks for your tutorials and list.
and also for the program, of course :)

i am not a profesional on video.
i edit video one or two times a year.
now, in my work, an immigrants ngo in barcelona, they want to buy a video camera for next week.
i work there 10h/week among other works.
they have not much money and they are in a hurry because x.
they have choosen this model sony handycam hd-cx118 that cost 500€ but i dont know if it is compatible with gnu/linux -> cinelerra.
i have search in internet but i there is not information.

PLEASE, can you help us to know if it is compatible or not?
another alternative?
they want it to be usb because we work with young people and sometimes we dont have firewire on the computers that we use.

THANKS A LOT, for any help :)