Am 17.11.10 15:21, schrieb Russ Foster:
I'm new to cinelerra.

When I try to open a file I get the error message "00327.mts's format
couldn't be determined. Assuming raw PCM...".

The same happens after moving the tracks into a matroska container. Any
idea?

Have you tried loading the files using Kino?  I'll admit it's the easy way
out but--in my experience--it works practically flawlessly at converting
everything I've thrown at it to dv format which works even more flawlessly
in Cinelerra.

I have made it so far without reconversion and would like to stick with it. As for what I know about DV it uses a lot of space, too much for archiving.

I thought the codecs in my video are too widespread to run into that sort of problem.

Stefan