Hum, you're right, it's documented in http://www.ffmpeg.org/libavfilter.html .
After browsing ffmpeg's git repository, it appears that hqdn3d has been ported
to ffmpeg... today at 13:03 !
(http://git.ffmpeg.org/?p=ffmpeg;a=commit;h=0b93710549a166e339558039854182a8abcd8946)

I don't know imagemagick enough to give you any advice on how to denoise with
it.

To denoise your tiff sequence, why don't you use one of mplayer's denoising
filters inside or outside ffmpeg and then reexport images as tiff (with -vcodec
tiff) ? (Assuming that you need pictures to be in tiff format for colour
correction)

If you don't mind converting your RGB24 tiff to YV12, or perhaps before
converting your footage (assuming it's YCbCr) to RGB24, another option would be
to use avisynth (running under wine). There are a lot of denoising filters
(mostly working in YV12 or YUY2 color formats) that you can choose according to
your processing power and quality needs. A very good one : FFT3DFilter
(http://avisynth.org.ru/fft3dfilter/fft3dfilter.html). An excellent but slower
one : MCTemporalDenoise (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139766). You
can process your tiff sequence with ImageSource() internal filter.

A third option would be to use gmic (http://gmic.sourceforge.net/) with
'-denoise' option.

My 2 cents.