Hi guys - just to report my experience -

I used the patch in the linked bug report and managed to compile Cinelerra
2.1.5 with no issues on Ubuntu 11.04, in a virtual box on Ubuntu 10.04.  I
haven't tried extensively editing anything with it but I got no compilation
errors and it starts up fine.

I know that originally Nicola Ferralis was still having some issues even with
these patches applied, though I can't remember what they were precisely.  But I
figured it'd be useful to report that her patch is working for me.  I see that
Einar reported this already from the IRC log but thought it would be good to
throw this email out with the rest of the details for record keeping.

If anyone has any questions about anything please let me know, but I'm really
not very familiar with even compiling things let alone patching (used the
instructions from raffa's website to compile as I have done for the past year
or so, and this is the first patch I've ever applied, actually!) so you may
have to ask in small, simple word.  ;)

Thanks for all the work on Cinelerra, guys!  Now I can consider upgrading to
11.04.  :)