E M J Vaessen schrieb:
> Hello, anyone out there?
:-D

> trying popen(mpeg2enc --multi-thread 8 --verbose 0 --aspect 3 --format 3
> --frame-rate 3 --video-bitrate 28000 --nonvideo-bitrate 384 --interlace-mode
>  0 --force-b-b-p --video-buffer 448 --video-norm p --keep-hf --no-constraints
>  --sequence-header-every-gop --min-gop-size 6 --max-gop-size 6 -o
> /data2//Madeira/test1.m2v)

> The rendering aborts directly giving this errors:

> ++ WARN: [mpeg2enc] Progressive encoding selected with interlaced input!
> ++ WARN: [mpeg2enc]   (This will damage the chroma channels.)
> **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Rate control can't cope with a video buffer smaller
>                     4 frame intervals

Hi Ed,

first off, I don't have any clue what's going on here, but just systematic
considertation gets us some steps ahead

You're using mpeg2enc, which belongs to the 'mjpegtools'. Thus, there is
no direct connection to Cinelerra, other than that you're feeding the
output of a cinelerra render into the input of mpeg2enc.

Thus, if it worked previously (and you really used identical parameters, even
the same image size), then it must be a change to mpeg2enc.

Next thing is the error message 'Rate control can't cope with a video buffer
smaller 4 frame intervals'. Google turns up the following message

http://www.mail-archive.com/mjpeg-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg07414.html

Note: I don't know what's going on, but I'm just doing "qualified guessing".
This message as well as the warnings in your output point into some problems
with Interlaced/Progressive material. Like as if the input stream to the
encoder is marked as being 'interlaced', while you choose an encoding
parameter for progressive material. Of course, the first question is
what you *want* to do, and what your source material *actually* is
like, i.e. is it interlaced or progressive, and do you want interlaced
or progressive video as a final result? (Note Cinelerra has almost
no real support for interlaced material, it just passes things through)

Quoting from the manpage of mpeg2enc:

> -I|--interlace-mode 0|1|2

> Set  the sequence picture structure and block encoding type for MPEG-2
> streams.  By default, this value is inferred from the interlacing tag of the
> input stream. Setting 0 encodes frame-by-frame with support for  interlaced
> video  turned  off,  and specifies that progressive chroma subsampling has
> been used.  Setting 1 encodes frame-by-frame with interlace-adapted motion
> compensation and block encoding, and specifies that interlaced chroma
> subsampling has been used. Setting  2  encodes  interlaced material
> field-by-field, which will produce more accurate results for highly textured
> interlaced material with lots of motion, at the expense of generally less
> efficiency.

> This setting should match the interlaced-ness of the input stream, otherwise
> chroma artifacts may be  generated  when the MPEG stream is played back.

Maybe this gives any additional clues?

Cheers
Hermann Vosseler