Am Thu, 01 Sep 2011 10:01:07 -0700
schrieb Drew Amavisca <drewamavi...@mac.com>:

> Hello. My name is Drew and I wanted to find out info about getting
> permission to use cinelerra as the "on-screen" editing software for a
> feature film. Could you please contact me as soon as possible? Thank
> you! d

Cinelerra is free software released under the Gnu GPL. This means for
you that you can freely use it, even commercially. The License only
applies when you distribute the Program in binary form (and demands
you to provide the Source as well). When you use or show it for/in
some Film there are no obligations to you. Nevertheless if this is a
commercial project or you earn any money by it you may consider to
donate some money, possibly to the original Author
(http://www.heroinewarrior.com/) or to the Community.

        Christian

PS: I think that the original Author could possibly use
the money better, but others may correct me if there are any Community
developers starving. (Well we need to pay for the server, so far
Herman did that from his own money, if anyone wants to throw money into
the pool, please contact me or Herman)