Hi Herman, you're right.
Btw, I have use extensively the ffmpeg (libswscale) for packed yuv422 ->
planar yuv420 and also for resizing. It's correct and works fast.
For other conversions we might test them, especially for SD RGB -> YUV and
HD RGB -> YUV (remember the color primaries are different for SD and HD).
Also 444 <-> 422 <-> 420...

I remember of some issues related to converting interlaced to progressive
material.

Best regards,
Rafael Diniz