Hi,

I must be missing something.
I've installed cinelerra and I've tried to import a video file by selecting "load files" from the File menu.

Isn't that the correct way to import a video file and use it as a video clip?

I tried to import a flv file which is encoded with the h264 codec, and which I can play without any issue in any video player (e.g. Gnome MPlayer or VLC or Movie Player), so I definitely have all the needed codecs installed on the system.

Cinelerra says it "can't determine the format, assuming PCM" (which it obviously isn't) and asks me to select audio format parameters (such as sampling rates, number of bits etc),

It obviously doesn't import the audio correctly and doesn't import the video at all.

The question is, is there something I'm doing wrong, or doesn't really Cinelerra support this kind of video file? I would expect it to be able to import ANY file that my system is capable of playing. Isn't it?

thanks
m.