Perhaps the Ubuntu Studio 12.04 version makes the difference. I will try it to
test if there are any differences.

Does anyone know if the git and the ppa Cinelerra are the same at the moment?

________________________________
 David Armstrong <bod...@netspace.net.au> wrote:

I am running 64 bit Ubuntu Studio 12.04
Have installed the pre-compiled ppa version.

On 15/10/12 18:08, cin467-i...@yahoo.de wrote:

Interessting. I got the sound delay with SD material (mjpeg) too. Perhaps
Ubuntu 12.04 runs not pretty well on my hardware actually.
>I will investigate more this evening.
>
>Regards,
>Erik

                delay. Can offset audio by about 0.48, and it's close.

>If I have talking heads where sync is critical, I
                reformat into dnxhd codec in quicktime (.mov).
                Everything works better with a cinelerra friendly codec.
>Only use .mts directly for quick and dirty edits.
>
>cheers
>    David
>

>On 15/10/12 05:34, cin467-i...@yahoo.de wrote:
>
>Hello,
>>
>>I am using the latest Cinelerra-cv (64 bit) from the
                    git repo on Ubuntu 12.04. I had a lot of problems
                    with audio delay while playing the videos in
                    Cinelerra. I tried the recommandation from the
                    Grandma manual to switch to esound in the
                    preferences. The result is no sound at all.

>>Playing wiht the delay option (from Grandma too)
                    gave no results too.

>>I found a possible solution in setting the audio
                    buffers in the preferences from 16K to 2k.

>>I had this problem only on Ubuntu. On Debian 6.04
                    there were no problems with the default setting in
                    Cinelerra.

>>My questions: Should the esound trick works with
                    Ubuntu 12.04 too (any additional changes in Ubuntu
                    needed?)

>>Why brings lowering the audio buffer good results
                    and will this perhaps produce new problems?