Hi Arvind,

The patches got mangled passing through the mail system.  I was able
to repair them by hand but it took about half an hour-- could you send
patches as attachments in the future please?

Second issue-- although the patches apply, either recent FFMPEG is
very broken with mpeg-ts files, or the updated patch no longer handles
setup properly.  An attempt to load the HDV files produced by a Canon
HV40 produces:

[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] PES packet size mismatch
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] PES packet size mismatch
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] PES packet size mismatch
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] PES packet size mismatch
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] PES packet size mismatch
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] PES packet size mismatch
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] PES packet size mismatch
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] Stream #2: not enough frames to estimate
rate; consider increasing probesize
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] Stream #3: not enough frames to estimate
rate; consider increasing probesize
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] Could not find codec parameters for stream 2
(Unknown: none ([160][0][0][0] / 0x00A0)): unknown codec
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
[mpegts @ 0x7f7e30054f60] Could not find codec parameters for stream 3
(Unknown: none ([161][0][0][0] / 0x00A1)): unknown codec
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
[NULL @ 0x7f7e3000d420] start time is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts
[NULL @ 0x7f7e30062220] start time is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts

the messages above are repeated many times, then Cinelerra crashes.

HDV is my primary format (and the whole reason I wrote the loader)...
so it looks like updating FFMPEG is a no-go right now.  Would you be
able to look at what is going wrong in ffmpeg if I provide some
mpeg-ts examples?

Monty