Am Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:48:12 +0530
schrieb Bhikkhu Mettavihari <tv.li...@gmail.com>:

> Greetings Christian
>
> If you specify what is to be done, then I can spare a few hours a
> week on the Admin task
> I am quite OK with Linux
>
> with metta
> Mettavihari

Hi Metta,

that would be exceptionally great, there are some grave problems
lingering. Here is a list we've once once collected:

- updating the server distro to wheezy
- migrating the mailinglist from skole
- solving spam in the wiki
- managing the user accounts
- migrating gitorious to gitolite
- ...

Plenty more things like cleanup of all kind of file location, optimizing
the apache config, usual admin tasks (configuring logrotate, web stats,
...) can be done too. I think its up to the community to decide what
and how things should be done (or just leave the decisions to the
dedicated admin). I for myself wanted to keep out because there are too
much clashes of interest/concerns, I am only worried about certain
bitrot and security problems which bothers me because I am responsible
for the whole machine.

Anyway before you start anything you might acknowledge with me because
i can make a full copy of the server as backup before some things get
changed and may break anything. Then doing only one small thing at a
time and slowly but steadily bring the server back into a good shape.

For the Mailinglist, we already have a Mailinglist Server (another
vserver) which runs plenty of lists, adding another one is quite
simple, All we need so to get the old Mailinglist archive from
skolelinux.no (ask them, possibly over hermanr, he has contact to them)
or mirror it with wget. and more importantly a list of all subscribers,
this needs some cooperation from skolelinux/hermanr or whoever else is
mailinglist admin/moderator there (I don't know anyone else).

You can reach me on IRC and I need your ssh key to add to the server
access list.

        Thanks
                Christian