Nicola Ferralis <feranick@...> writes:
 the same.

> So rewriting a more comprehensive plugin based on the new CImg library
> is certainly possible, but wouldn't provide any benefit to what it can
> do now, other than additional processing capabilities. The trade off is
> that a new plugin needs to be written from scratch.

Except for better stability and speed (the algorithm has been parallelized,
and run almost Nx faster on a N-core machine, if N<8). It also takes less
memory to perform. I don't think you need to rewrite the plug-in from
scratch, as you basically just have to change the call to the main smoothing
function by something else, all the remaining code should stay the same.
Maybe if I have some time, I'll try to look at your plug-in code to see if
this is really a huge amount of work to update to the latest version of CImg,
and/or call G'MIC filters instead.

Cheers,

David.