Gary Stanley wrote: > At 04:29 AM 4/2/2007, Shaun wrote: >> The 2800's look to support a bunch of modules, ds1,ds3,gb,etc... I was >> wondering how well a 2811 or higher unit would work to use as a border >> router uplinked to a upstream at Gbit. If the 2800's cant handle it, >> how about the 3800's? Right now i'm using 3750's for this using roughly >> ~100mbit in/out and only receiving default routes from upstream. >> >> ~Shaun > > A 2811 will blow up with that much traffic for routing. I don't think > any of the 28xx series can handle that much traffic, I had a 2851 and > it was at 90% CPU with 75mbit of traffic > > Please read; > > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf
Agreed. Pick up a 7206VXR w/ a NPE-G2 or a short stack 7600 if you want to support that kind of bandwidth. Even the 3845 maxes out at around 256MB. A NPE-G1 is 520 I believe. That NPE-G2 is a full Gig. Justin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
