Azher Amin <> wrote on Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:24 AM:

> Hi,
> 
> I need some suggestions on traffic shaping. I have 2Mbps link
> connected 
> to Internet via a provider. I have a webserver for which i want to
> prioritize the traffic, i.e. anyone accessing the webserver from
> internet should get the best out of this 2Mbps, while other inside to
> world traffic should be given low priority.
> 
> I tried cbwfq, but since it is applied only to output of serial, thus
> it helped a bit and speed is improved. However is there anyway to
> reduce the traffic on this serial interface from coming in from the
provider
> side ? 

No, incoming traffic needs to be prioritized on the other side of the
link (assuming the congestion point is the 2Mbit link). So a similar
config needs to be applied on the provider side, you need to talk to
them..

        oli

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to