Heya folks,

I've got a really boneheaded question, but rather than RTFM (partially 
because I'm not even sure if this would be there), I figured I'd throw it 
out here really quick.

I've got a 6509 running in native IOS mode.  I haven't previously dealt 
with devices that can have both switchports and router interfaces.

We've got a Sup2 with the two GigE ports and 48 port 6248 module.  I've
assigned an IP address to one of the GigE ports, and plugged 3 AS5200's
into the 6248, and assigned those ports to VLAN 12.

The GigE port has (example) a 1.1.1.1 address.  The AS5200's have 2.2.2.10
through 2.2.2.13.

Here's the bonehead part.  Would the standard way to deal with routing 
between these be to make a VLAN Interface on the 6509?  I made a VLAN 12 
interface and gave it the IP address 2.2.2.1.  Works great.

But somehow, it just doesn't sit right with me.  Dunno exactly why.

Thanks,

Rick


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to