On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 02:14 -0400, Jared Mauch wrote: > On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 07:59:40AM +0200, Garry wrote: > > Hi, > > > > we will be required to go through some larger number of router rollout > > soon, I was wondering if there are any tools available to automate this? > > I will building some config template, with the (rather small number of) > > variables filled in by some simple script. I remember some ancient basic > > configs on CE-routers had TFTP download of configs by default, though > > the current ones (876 and the likes) have a basic config that doesn't > > really do much on itself ... > > > > I reckon I will be able to hack something up with expect etc. if nothing > > else suitable exists ... > > you could leverage clogin from rancid to do > some of your automation if you so desired. it's still expect > but you may be able to find creative ways to do it.
Also, on recent IOS you can scp *to* the box and it works just like a "configure network" e.g. cat <<EOF >config-fragment interface VlanN ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0 no ip proxy-arp end EOF scp config-fragment router:running-config You still need to clogin and "wr mem" but it can be easier to push the actual config changes with this method. > > - jared > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
