On 02 Jul 2007, at 10:33 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote: > Reinard, Gerno wrote: >> Trying to figure out if a 3660 is sufficient to run BGP. It currently >> has only 64MB of memory, but will be upgraded to 256 or 512. I >> have two >> different responses - one saying that BGP only requires a large >> amount >> of memory for the full route table and a 3660 will work. Another one >> saying that a 3660 will not be able to handle it because of an >> underpowered processor, even with 512MB of memory. >> The connection will be Gigabit rate-limited to 100Mb (for now). >> Should I >> look at a 7200 or 7300 model or will the 3660 be ok for now? >> Looking for >> experiences with what worked for you (or didn't work). Thanks, >> > > It'll handle BGP just fine with more memory (do the 512 meg), but it > won't be able to do 100 meg of traffic. My guesstimate for average > internet traffic based on my experience with a 3640 is 15 meg.
I'm pretty sure the 3660 doesn't support more than 256M (reference below), but if you feel I'm wrong, please point me to the correct reference (so I can go and upgrade my 3660s as well): http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/ prod_bulletin09186a0080091f70.html With regards to the performance issue, check out this document: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/ routerperformance.pdf G _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
