Hello all, I just went through a 2-day troubleshooting session, due to a bunch of errors using a PA-A3-T3 and a third party's mux. In the end, upon the advice of a couple of people, we put a signal attentuator inline, and the errors have stopped.
I already mentioned that the module of ours was the PA-A3-T3. I don't know who makes the mux. The coax between these devices is about 35 feet. The attenuator is supposedly around 10db. Using a testing tool, I'm told that the signal strength coming from their equipment went from about 2.4db to -7.6db. I can't seem to find an operating range for signal strength on the PA-A3-T3. Does anyone know if either or both of these values are outside of the range of it? Furthermore, has anyone run into this before, and do they have any insight? Again, everything seems fine now. This query is mainly informational. But I also *DO* want to make sure that I'm not operating outside of acceptable values.... Thanks, Rick Kunkel _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
