Thanks everyone, Now I know what I should tell them.. "ping and ICMP is a horrible way to test the network beyond basic connectivity". Thanks
----- Original Message ---- From: Rodney Dunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: insan praja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cc: [email protected] Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:11:26 AM Subject: Re: [c-nsp] How to make cisco 7507 RSP 4+ to pass big size ping packets Are you seeing huge buffer failures in 'sh buff'? You could adjust that size as it's needed to reassemble the packet. There is a reassembly limit too but I can't remeber how large it is. Rodney On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 08:46:24AM -0700, insan praja wrote: > Dear all, > My customer, test my network, which only test the network with big ping > packets, my problem, I don't know how to make my beloved old cisco 7507 to > reply to a ping packet about 18000 size... > Anybody can help me? > > Thanks, > > > Insan Praja SW > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________ > Need a vacation? Get great deals > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel. > http://travel.yahoo.com/ > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ ____________________________________________________________________________________Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
