Hello Scott:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:cisco-nsp-
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Granados
> Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:00 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [c-nsp] external modem on 2610 question
> 
> This is probably a basic question but Google isn't yielding the
results
> I
> need.  I'm trying to attach an external modem to a 2610 for backup
> purposes
> (not use a WIC).  Do I simply attach to the AUX port with the console
> cable
> or do I use the console port for this.   Does anyone have a pointer
for
> documentation on using an external modem with a 2600 series router?
> 
You should use the AUX port with a serial cable, not the console cable.
Here's a pretty good doc on how to do it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0
080094bbc.shtml

Regards,

Mike Smith
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to