On 9-Jan-08, at 12:29 AM, Garry wrote:

Jason Lixfeld wrote:
So I'm having a heck of a time trying to get a big file onto either the bootflash or disk0 of a SUP720. The tftp never finishes and spits an error back (can't present the error message at the moment).

I have something in the back of my mind where TFTP was limited to 32 megs ... can't remember though if it was the specific TFTP server used, or a general limit in the tftp protocol ... does CatOS support scp?

Wikipedia - "The original protocol has a file size limit of 32 MB, although this was extended when RFC 2347 introduced option negotiation, which was used in RFC 2348 to introduce block-size negotiation in 1998 (allowing a maximum of 4 GB and potentially higher throughput). If the server and client support block number wraparound, file size is essentially unlimited." I'd like to assume that Cisco and/or Apple aren't using the original protocol specifications from RFC783 or RFC1350, but based on some other feedback, it seems that one or the other may in fact be guilty, but I don't have the means to test that theory.

Sadly, CatOS 8.5 doesn't seem to support scp.

I managed to get rsh working on my laptop, which seemed at the time to be far easier than trying to figure out why the Sup wouldn't FTP the image off my laptop either *sigh*.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to