Possibly start multi ISO image downloads from some of the higher speed Linux mirror sites.
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 11:09 AM To: omar parihuana; Michael Long; [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] How to measuse the throughput on Internet Links You throughput will vary based upon a lot of factors. (Hops to dest, saturation of links along the way to your dest, link overhead, etc.) Somethings you could consider trying are the following: - put a pc as close as you can to the router and run a speed test from any number of websites out there. (Not sure of any off of the top of my head that will scale to 40mbps+, as I've never tried that.) Some possibilities are speedtest.net or giganews.com speedtest, etc. - see if your isp has an ftp server or something of the like where you can download a file from them. (The closer the proximity is to your equip, the faster it will be). Hope this helps. - Ed -----Original Message----- From: "omar parihuana" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:56:49 To:"Michael Long" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] How to measuse the throughput on Internet Links Hi Michael, thanks for your response.... I tried to use IPERF previously without success because set up the server was difficult for me. I'm looking for other options. Thanks again Rgds. On 1/9/08, Michael Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > iperf. http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/ > > Although you'll need a client and server setup. Plus it helps if the > server is somewhat close to the link you are trying to test. > > Mike > > omar parihuana wrote: > > Hi guys, > > > > I bought a new Internet Link 40Mbps 1:1 that is provide with > FastEthernet > > interface, now, I would like to check if I have the 40Mbps effective. > How > > can I measure the max capacity of my Internet link? any suggestions? > > > > Thanks in advanced... > > > > Rgds. > > > -- Omar E.P.T ----------------- Certified Networking Professionals make better Connections! _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
