I am testing some MPLS migration approaches in the lab and I am curious if anyone has any input on the approach shown below... Basically I have several layer-2 networks that span through my core and distribution boxes (VLANs 300 & 500) and I want to move these to a layer-3 network sitting on an MPLS L3VPN. I considered this approach because it seemed to me that I could build the tag switching network in parallel, make sure all my routing is working, and then move the hosts into the new network. Once finished I could clean-up the legacy VLANs and then move the tag switching to the physical interfaces...
I am basically looking for some input on this approach and to identify any potential gotchas... Thanks in advance for your advice... Vlan 300 & 500 are the L2 VLAN's Vlan 3000 exists only on this link between PE1 and P1, there are similar VLANs and /30's between all the tag switches configured similar to this... interface GigabitEthernet5/1 switchport switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk allowed vlan 300,500,3000 switchport mode trunk no ip address end interface Vlan3000 description L3_P1_TO_PE1 ip address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.252 tag-switching mtu 1508 tag-switching ip Bill Murphy Senior Network Analyst University of Texas Health Science Center - Houston
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
