On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Ross Vandegrift wrote: > On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:35:13AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: >> Would one expect gigE to gigE traffic local to the NPE-G1 to scale higher >> than that? > > Yea, I would expect that. I don't understand all of the > architechtural issues on the 7200 series in great detail, but it seems > that either the PCI bus that line cards use isn't really up to doing > GigE, or the controllers on the PA-GE doesn't scale well. > > The router I saw this on originally had it's primary ingress interface > on the NPE and primary egress interface on the PA-GE. When we swapped > a low-traffic interface on the NPE with the PA-GE, we suddenly saw our > packet loss drop to nothing. So I can say with pretty much 100% > confidence that local to the NPE will scale much better than the > PA-GE. > > Ross
Have others found this as well? So far we have used the builtin GE ports on the G1 and have not seen problems. We are planning on adding a 4th GE port via a PA-GE and had not seen any documentation about the limitations you mention. Thanks, Hank _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
