Hi
We area going to deploy a new MPLS network which will be used for Internet
customers and IP/VPN customers. I understand that there are two options with
running these networks:
1. Run the internet natively across all boxes and secure them down against DoS
attacks etc
2. Create an Internet VRF whereby all internet traffic is simply seen as a
large IPVPN network, thereby utilising some of the inherent security factors
associated with IPVPNS
My question is whether anyone has other pros and cons from real life
experience, associated with the two options previously stated.
I would like to add that the platforms will be provisionally Cisco 6500s with
SUP720s (edge) and Cisco XR 12406's (core)
Regards
Mark