-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Daniel Lacey
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:17
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] 7206 misreporting ifSpeed via SNMP on ATM fiber
interface

Hi all,

I am trying to monitor a Cisco router (7206) using OpenNMS and SNMP.
It is running: 7200 Software (C7200-IS-M), Version 12.2(19b), RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc3)

There is an ATM fiber interface on this router.
The sub-interfaces report the correct speed via the SNMP agent.
The following interfaces report ifSpeed as 0, even tho the admin has
told me that the speed is set by command line for every interface.
The interfaces are named:

ATM3/0-atm layer
ATM3/0-aal5 layer

Can anybody shed a little light on what we may be doing wrong?

Is this an IOS problem/constraint or user error?

Thanks in advance!
Dan