Mostly. By default, rancid does remove cisco obfuscated passwords (the ones that are trivially decrypted), so if you just copy a config from rancid back to a device, it may not quite be fully functional...but the first time someone does a write mem on a big router running a boot image or other software that doesn't support all the features being used, you'll be glad you have the config backed up by rancid.