Brandon Price wrote:
Could you guys recommend some good books or other documentation on some of these BGP "best practice" methodologies? I am a BGP novice but would like to get myself more up to speed on BGP kung fu. I found this current thread somewhat fascinating.
That's a tough question to answer well. To date, I haven't found many books that give the real-world knowledge needed to "make one a pro". A few recommendations do come to mind though:
1) Ask a few folks for sample configs (I'll ping separately offlist and we'll figure out which ones I can send that'll make sense). 2) View the NANOG presentation archives. Several come to mind; I'll try to compile a list of suggestions, or just browse away. 3) "Be the router." Use 3x5 notecards or something, and think through the BGP decision process for a single prefix sometime, as though you're each relevant router along a particular path. When I have to troubleshoot a problem, I go through this myself router-by-router, and it works (since...it's...what really happens!) quite well.
pt _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
