On the router with the problem we have 18K entries and our HP NNM management platform can only use snmp to get the ARP and bridge mib. How in the world does CISCO do it with their net management products? Hmm... Maybe it doesn't also.

So now I have two great management tools, NETFLOW and SNMP that I can't use.

Our next upgrades may not be CISCO and I know we are not the only ones.


Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network systems
Princeton University


On Dec 12, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Phil Mayers wrote:

I haven't looked into it, but perhaps you can find a cisco specific
mib, maybe cef or mls specific that doesn't have this performance

CISCO-SWITCH-ENGINE-MIB::cseCef* are the ones. However, they contain basically the entire FIB & adjacency entries. They're faster to walk, but their size can make the whole process slower :o(

penalty?  Otherwise, I bet a query via clogin outperforms the snmp
table.

It certainly does. ~10 seconds versus ~2min 30sec on our busiest router.

Cisco - Offering the very best in 1970s Network Management Technology...
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to